This section includes references to international agreements which impact on Cospas-Sarsat operations.
1 International Maritime Organization
- IMO Assembly Resolution A.662(16): Performance Standards for Float-Free Release and Activation Arrangements for Emergency Radio Equipment.
- IMO Assembly Resolution A.694(17): General Requirements for Shipborne Radio Equipment Forming Part of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) and for Electronic Navigational Aids.
- IMO Assembly Resolution A.696(17): Type Approval of Satellite Emergency PositionIndicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs) Operating in the Cospas-Sarsat System.
- IMO Assembly Resolution A.810(19): Performance Standards for Float-Free Satellite Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs) Operating on 406 MHz, as amended by Resolutions MSC.56(66) and MSC.120(74).
- IMO Assembly Resolution A.814(19): Guidelines for the Avoidance of False Distress Alerts.
- IMO Assembly Resolution A.887(21): Establishment, Updating and Retrieval of the Information Contained in the Registration Databases of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS).
- MSC/Circ. 861: Measures to Reduce the Number of False Distress Alerts.
- MSC/Circ. 863: Recommendation on Prevention of Harmful Interference to 406 MHz EPIRBs Operating with Cospas-Sarsat System.
- MSC/Circ.1039: Guidelines for Shore-Based Maintenance of Satellite EPIRBs.
- MSC/Circ.1040: Guidelines on Annual Testing of 406 MHz Satellite EPIRBs.
- COMSAR/Circ.29: Guidelines for the voluntary use of standardized questionnaire and formats for reporting false alerts in collecting data on false alerts.
- International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, as amended. This document has been superseded by a later version
- Resolution MSC.147(77): Adoption of the Revised Performance Standards for a Ship Security Alert System.
2 International Civil Aviation Organization
- Annexes to the Convention on International Civil Aviation: - Annex 6: Operation of Aircraft. - Annex 10: Aeronautical Telecommunications. - Annex 12: Search and Rescue.
- International Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue (IAMSAR) Manual.
- Regional Air Navigation Plans.
3 International Telecommunciation Union
- Recommendation ITU-R M.633-4: Transmission Characteristics of a Satellite Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacon (Satellite EPIRB) System Operating through a Satellite System in the 406 MHz Band.